For most of the period from the 17th century, the Bahamas were governed by Britain. Internal self-government with cabinet responsibility was introduced on 7 Jan. 1964 and full independence achieved on 10 July 1973.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Albury, P., The Story of The Bahamas. London, 1975.—Paradise Island Storx London, 1984Google Scholar
- Boultbee, Paul G., Bahamas. [Bibliography] ABC-Clio, Oxford and Santa Barbara (CA), 1989Google Scholar
- Cash, P., et al., Making of Bahamian History London, 1991Google Scholar
- Craton, M. and Saunders, G., Islanders in the Stream: a History of the Bahamian People. 2 vols. Univ. of Georgia Press, 1998Google Scholar
- Hughes, C. A., Race and Politics in The Bahamas Univ. of Queensland Press, 1981Google Scholar
- Hunte, G., The Bahamas London, 1975Google Scholar