Key Historical Events. The independent Republic of Zambia (formerly Northern Rhodesia) came into being on 24 Oct. 1964 after 9 months of internal self-government following the dissolution of the Federation of Rhodesia and Nyasaland on 31 Dec. 1963.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Central Statistical Office. Monthly Digest of Statistics.Google Scholar
- Bliss, A. M. and Rigg, J. A., Zambia. [Bibliography] Oxford and Santa Barbara, 1984Google Scholar
- Burdette, M. M., Zambia: between Two Worlds. Boulder, 1988Google Scholar
- De Waal, V., The Politics of Reconciliation: Zambia’s First Decade. London, 1990Google Scholar
- Kaunda, K. D., Zambia Shall be Free. London, 1962.—Humanism in Zambia. Lusaka. 2 vols. 1967 and 1974.—Zambia’s Economic Revolution. Lusaka, 1968.—Zambia’s Guidelines for the Next Decade. Lusaka, 1968.—Letter to my Children. Lusaka, 1973Google Scholar
- Roberts, A., A History of Zambia. London, 1977Google Scholar
- National statistical office: Central Statistical Office, LusakaGoogle Scholar