HISTORY. From 1846 to 1951 Nepal was virtually ruled by the Rana family, a member of which always held the office of prime minister. The 15 feudal chieftainships were integrated into the kingdom on 10 April 1961.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Central Bureau of Statistics. Statistical Pocket Book. [Various years]Google Scholar
- Borre, O. et al., Nepalese Political Behaviour. Aarhus Univ. Press, 1994Google Scholar
- Ghimire, K., Forest or Farm?: The Politics of Poverty and Land Hunger in Nepal. OUP, 1993Google Scholar
- Pant, Y. P., Trade and Co-operation in South Asia: a Nepalese Perspective. Delhi, 1991Google Scholar
- Sanwal, D. B. Social and Political History of Nepal. London, 1993Google Scholar
- Whelpton, J., Nepal. [Bibliography] Oxford and Santa Barbara, 1990Google Scholar
- National statistical office: Central Bureau of Statistics, National Planning Commission Secretariat, KathmanduGoogle Scholar