The Republic of Uruguay, formerly a part of the Spanish Vice-royalty of Rio de la Plata and subsequently a province of Brazil, declared its independence 25 Aug. 1825 which was recognized by the treaty between Argentina and Brazil signed at Rio de Janeiro 27 Aug. 1828. The first constitution was adopted 18 July 1830.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- The official gazette is the Diario Oficial Google Scholar
- Statistical Reports of the Government. Montevideo. Annual and biennialGoogle Scholar
- Anales de Instruecion Primaria. Montevideo. QuarterlyGoogle Scholar
- Salgado, José, Historia de la Republica O. del Uruguay. 8 vols. Montevideo, 1943Google Scholar
- Weinstein, M., Uruguay: Democracy at the Crossroads. Boulder, 1988Google Scholar
- National Library: Biblioteca Nacional del Uruguay, Guayabo 1793, Montevideo. It publishes Anuario Bibliográfico Uruguayo. Google Scholar