Uganda became a British Protectorate in 1894, the province of Buganda being recognized as a native kingdom under its Kabaka. In 1961 Uganda was granted internal self-government with federal status for Buganda.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Atlas of Uganda. Dept. of Lands and Surveys. Kampala, 1962Google Scholar
- Collison, R. L., Uganda. [Bibliography] Oxford and Santa Barbara, 1981Google Scholar
- Hills, D., The White Pumpkin. New York, 1976Google Scholar
- Jørgensen, J. J., Uganda: A Modern History. London, 1981Google Scholar
- Kitching, A. L., and Blackledge, G. R., A Luganda-English and English-Luganda Dictionary. Kampala, 1925Google Scholar
- Larimore, A. E., The Alien Town: Patterns of Settlement in Uganda. Chicago, 1959Google Scholar
- Listowel, J., Amin. Irish Univ. Press, 1973Google Scholar
- Mamdani, M., Imperialism and Fascism in Uganda. London, 1983Google Scholar