The Dependent Territory of Hong Kong was ceded by China to Great Britain in Jan. 1841; the cession was confirmed by the Treaty of Nanking in Aug. 1842, and the charter bears the date 5 April 1843. Since then Hong Kong has been under British administration, with the exception of the period from 25 Dec. 1941 to 30 Aug. 1945, when it was occupied by the Japanese.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Statistical Information: The Census and Statisties Department is responsible for the preparation and collation of Government statistics. These statistics are published mainly in the Hong Kong Monthly Digest of Statistics which is also available in a collected annual edition. The Department also publishes monthly trade statistics, economic indicators, annual review of overseas trade, etc. Statistical information is also published in the annual reports of Government departments. Hong Kong 1982. and other government publications are available from the Hong Kong Government Publications Centre. GPO Building, Connaught Place, Hong Kong, and the Hong Kong Government Office in London. 6 Grafton Street, London. W1X3LB.Google Scholar
- The Hong Kong Trade Development Council, Connaught Centre, Connaught Place, Hong Kong, issues a monthly Hong Kong Emerprise and other publications.Google Scholar
- Hong Kong 1982. Hong Kong Govern ment Press. 1982Google Scholar
- Beazer, W. F., The Commercial Future of Hong Kong. New York. 1978Google Scholar
- Bonavia, D., Hong Kong 1997. London, 1984Google Scholar
- Endacott, G. B., A History of Hong Kong. 2nd ed. OUP. 1973.—Geverment and People in Hong Kong. 1X41–1962. A Constitutional History. OUP, 1965Google Scholar
- Hopkins, K., Hong Kong: The Industrial Colony. OUP, 1971Google Scholar
- Rabushka, A., The Changing Face of Hong Kong:New Departures in Public Policy Washington. 1973Google Scholar
- Tregear, E. R., Land Use in Hong Kong. Hong Kong Univ. Press, 1958.—Hong Kong Gazetteer. Hong Kong Univ. Press, 1958.— The Development of Hong Kong as Told in Maps. Hong Kong Univ. Press, 1959Google Scholar
- Youngson, A. J., Hong Kong: Fconomic Growth and Policy OU P. 1 982Google Scholar