The Commonwealth of the Bahamas
History. The Bahamas were discovered by Columbus in 1492 but the Spanish did not make a permanent settlement. British settlers arrived in the 17th century and it was occupied by Britain, except for a short period in the 18th century, until it gained independence.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Bahamas Handbook and Businessman ‘s Annua. (Annual)Google Scholar
- Albury, P., The Story of the Bahamas. London, 1975Google Scholar
- Craton, M. A., A History of the Bahamas. London, 1962Google Scholar
- Hughes, C. A., Race and Politics in the Bahamas. Univ. of Queensland Press, 1981Google Scholar
- Hunte, G., The Bahamas. London, 1975Google Scholar
- Library. Nassau Public Library.Google Scholar