Somali Democratic Republic
The Somali Republic came into being on 1 July 1960 as a result of the merger of the British Somaliland Protectorate, which became independent on 26 June 1960, and the Italian Trusteeship Territory of Somalia. For the previous history of these territories see The Statesman’s Year-Book, 1960, pp. 337 and 1367.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Background to the Liberation Struggle of the Western Somalis. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mogadiscio, 1978Google Scholar
- The Agricultural Economy of Somalia. US Dept. of Agriculture, Washington, 1971Google Scholar
- Drysdale, J., The Somali Dispute. London, 1964Google Scholar
- Karp, M., The Economics of Trusteeship in Somalia. Boston Univ. Press, 1960Google Scholar
- Lewis, I. M., A Pastoral Democracy. London, 1962.Google Scholar
- — The Modern History of Somaliland. London, 1965Google Scholar
- Lytton, The Earl of, The Stolen Desert. London, 1966Google Scholar