The Somali Republic came into being on 1 July 1960 as a result of the merger of the British Somaliland Protectorate, which became independent on 26 June 1960, and the Italian Trusteeship Territory of Somalia. For the previous history of these territories see The Statesman‘s Yeak-Book, 1960, pp. 337 and 1367.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Censimento delia popolazione italiana e straniera delta Somalia. Rome, 1958Google Scholar
- D’Antonio, M., Italia e Somalia: Dieci anni di collaborazione. Rome 1962.—La Costituzione Somala. Rome, 1962Google Scholar
- Drysdale, J., The Somali Dispute. London, 1961Google Scholar
- Hunt, J. A., A General Survey of the Somaliland Protectorate. Crown Agents, London, 1951Google Scholar
- Karp, M., The Economics of Trusteeship in Somalia. Boston Univ. Press, 1960Google Scholar
- Lewis, I. M., Peoples of the Born of Africa. Intern. African Institute, London, 1954.—A Pastoral Democracy. London, 1962Google Scholar