The Colony of Sierra Leone originated in the sale and cession, in 1787, by native chiefs to English settlers, of a piece of land intended as a home for natives of Africa who were waifs in London, and later it was used as a settlement for Africans rescued from slave-ships.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Annual Report on Sierra Leone, 1958. HMSO, 1960Google Scholar
- Atlas of Sierra Leone. Ed. Survey and Lands Dept. Freetown, 1953Google Scholar
- Sierra Leone Studies. Ed. J. D. Hargreaves. Freetown, 1953 ff.Google Scholar
- Fyfe, C., A History of Sierra Leone. OUP, 1962Google Scholar
- Jack, D. T., Economic Survey of Sierra Leone. Government Printer, Freetown, 1958Google Scholar
- Lewis, R., Sierra Leone. HMSO, 1954Google Scholar