United Arab Republic
HISTORY. On 1 Feb. 1958 President Nasser of Egypt and President Kuwatly of Syria proclaimed in Cairo the union of their countries, under one head of state, with a common legislature, a unified army and one flag.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- The UAR Year Book, 1960 Google Scholar
- The Egyptian Almanac. AnnualGoogle Scholar
- Le Mondain Egyptien (Who’s Who). Cairo. AnnualGoogle Scholar
- Great Britain and Egypt, 1914–51. R. Inst. of Int. Affairs, 1952Google Scholar
- Connell, J., The Most Important Country. London, 1957Google Scholar
- Elias, E. A., Modern Dictionary English-Arabic. 5th ed. Cairo, 1946Google Scholar
- Issawi, C., Egypt in Revolution: an economic analysis. OUP, 1963Google Scholar
- Lacouture, J. K. S., Egypt in Transition. New York, 1958Google Scholar
- Lengyel, E., Egypt’s Role in World Affairs. Washington, D.O., 1957Google Scholar
- Warriner, D., Land Reform and Development in the Middle East. B. Inst. of Int. Affairs, 1957Google Scholar