Advertisement

Guinea

  • S. H. Steinberg
Part of the The Statesman’s Yearbook book series (SYBK)

Abstract

By 1863 the French had established some trading bases on the coast, called ‘Rivières du Sud’, and a protectorate over the district of Boké, which at the time was ruled by Fulani chiefs. The name, of the colony (organized in 1891) was in 1893 changed from Rivières du Sud to Guinée Française.

République de Guinée

Preview

Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.

Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.

Copyright information

© Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 1963

Authors and Affiliations

  • S. H. Steinberg
    • 1
  1. 1.The Royal Historical SocietyUK

Personalised recommendations