For the history of Syria from 1920 to 1946 see The Statesman’s Year-Book, 1957, pp. 1408 f. For the union with Egypt concluded on 1 Feb. 1958, see The Statesman’s Year-Book, 1961, pp. 1527 ff.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Statistical Information. In 1948 a Department of Statistics was established in the Ministry of National Economy, Damascus. It publishes a monthly summary and an annual Statistical Abstract (in Arabic and English).Google Scholar
- The Economic Development of Syria. International Bank Beport. Baltimore, 1955Google Scholar
- Asfour, E. Y., Syria: development and monetary policy. Harvard Univ. Press, 1959Google Scholar
- Barthélémy, A., Dictionnaire arabe-français. Dialectes de Syrie. 4 vols. Paris, 1935–50Google Scholar
- Hourani, A. H., Syria and Lebanon. 2nd ed. R. Inst. of Intern. Affairs. 1954Google Scholar
- Ziadeh, N. A., Syria and Lebanon. New York, 1957Google Scholar