CONSTITUTION AND GOVERNMENT. Pakistan, on 23 March 1956, was proclaimed an Islamic republic, after the Constituent Assembly had adopted the draft constitution on 29 Feb. The Republic of Pakistan continues her full membership of the Commonwealth of Nations, accepting the Queen as the symbol of the free association of its independent member nations and, as such, the Head of the Commonwealth.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Callard, K., Pakistan. London, 1957Google Scholar
- Jennings, Sir Ivor, Constitutional Problems in Pakistan. Cambridge Univ. Press, 1957Google Scholar
- Khalid bin Sayeed, Pakistan, the Formative Phase. Karachi, 1961Google Scholar
- Pithawalla, M. B., An Introduction to Pakistan: Its Resources and Potentialities. Karachi, 1948.Google Scholar
- —(ed.), Bulletin of the Karachi Geographical Society. 1949 ff.Google Scholar
- Spate, O. H. K., India and Pakistan: a general regional geography. London, 1954Google Scholar