The Free Territory of Trieste was constituted by Section III (Articles 21 and 22) of the peace treaty with Italy, signed in Paris on 10 Feb., 1947, as a compromise between the conflicting interests of the Western Powers and Soviet Russia, without regard to the racial composition and wishes of the population.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference
- Treaties of Peace with Italy, etc. Cmd. 7022. London, 1947.Google Scholar
- Commentary on the Treaties of Peace with Italy, etc. Cmd. 7026. London, 1947.Google Scholar
- Leprelte (J.), Le Statut International de Trieste. Paris, 1949.Google Scholar
- Martin-Chauffier (J.), Trieste. Paris, 1947.Google Scholar
- Roletto (G.), Il porto di Trieste. Bologna, 1941.Google Scholar
- De Castro (D.), Il problemo di Trieste. Rome, 1952.Google Scholar