On 11 May, 1949, the President of the Council of Ministers issued a declaration that the name of the country, hitherto known as Siam, should henceforward be Thailand, and of the people and nationality, Thai.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Books of Reference on Thailand.
- Statistical Year Book of the Kingdom of Siam. Bangkok. Annual. (Last issue, 1936–37.)Google Scholar
- Report of the Financial Adviser on the Budget of Siam. Annual. Bangkok. (Last Report published in 1936.)Google Scholar
- The Record (the organ of the Board of Commercial Development). Quarterly. Bangkok.Google Scholar
- Foreign Office Journal. Bangkok.Google Scholar
- Commercial Directory for Thailand. Bangkok. (Latest issue, 1949.) (Published by the Department of Commerce.)Google Scholar
- Directory of Bangkok and Siam (Bangkok Times). Bangkok. Annual.Google Scholar
- Andrews (J. M.), Siam: 2nd rural economic survey, 1934–35. (Under the joint auspices of the Siamese Government and Harvard University.) Bangkok, 1935.Google Scholar
- Credner (W.), Siam: das Land der Tai. Stuttgart, 1935.Google Scholar
- Crosby (Sir Josiah), Siam: Past and Future. London, 1945.Google Scholar
- London (K. P.), Siam in Transition: a brief survey of cultural trends in the five years since the Revolution of 1932. London, 1940.Google Scholar
- Le May (R.), An Asian Arcady.—The Land and Peoples of Northern Siam. Cambridge, 1926.—The Coinage of Siam. Bangkok, 1933.—A Concise History of Buddhist Art in Siam. Cambridge, 1938.Google Scholar
- Pradist Manudharm (Luang), Le Siam Pacifiste et la Politique Etrangère du Gouvernement Siamois. Bangkok, 1937.Google Scholar
- Rivière (P. Louis), Siam. Paris, 1937.Google Scholar
- Sivaram (M.), The New Siam in the Making: A Survey of the Political Transition in Siam, 1932–36. Bangkok, 1936.—Mekong Clash and Far East Crisis: A Survey of the Thailand-Indo-China Conflict. Bangkok, 1941.Google Scholar
- Thompson (Virginia), Thailand: The New Siam. New York, 1941.Google Scholar
- Wales (H. G. Q.), Siamese State Ceremonies: Their History and Function. London, 1932.—Ancient Siamese Government and Administration. London, 1934.Google Scholar