The Shelleys and CC lived at 250 Riviera di Chiaia between December 1818 and February 1819. They visited local sites including ∗Pompeii, Baiae (Baia), and Vesuvius. MWS expresses her hopes for the (temporarily successful) Neapolitan Revolution of 1820 in MWSL 1.156.
- Atkinson, Diane (2012), The Criminal Conversation of Mrs. Norton (London: Preface Publishing).Google Scholar
- Crook, Nora (2000b), ‘Pecksie and the Elf: Did the Shelleys Couple Romantically?’, Romanticism on the Net 18Google Scholar
- Crook, Nora (2013), ‘Fourteen New Letters by Mary Shelley’, Keats-Shelley Journal 62, pp. 37–61.Google Scholar
- Franklin, Caroline (2013), The Female Romantics: Nineteenth Century Women Novelists and Byronism (New York and Abingdon: Routledge).Google Scholar
- Roe, Nicholas (2005), Fiery Heart: the First Life of Leigh Hunt (London: Pimlico).Google Scholar