Symbolic computing tools for nonsmooth dynamics and control
In this paper we describe a set of symbolic computing tools for variable structure control system design. The software implements all aspects of a design approach for input-output linearizable systems. It is part of a comprehensive symbolic computing environment for nonlinear and adaptive control system design that has been under continuous development for several years. Current work is focused on plants with nondifferentiable nonlinearities. Some preliminary results are reported.
KeywordsControl System Design Friction Parameter Variable Structure Control Switching Surface Friction Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Kwatny, H.G., Variable Structure Control of AC Drives, in Variable Structure Control for Robotics and Aerospace Applications, K.D. Young, Editor. 1993, Elsevier: Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- 4.Kwatny, H.G. and J. Berg, Variable Structure Regulation of Power Plant Drum Level, in Systems and Control Theory for Power Systems, J. Chow, R.J. Thomas, and P.V. Kokotovic, Editors. 1995, Springer-Verlag: New York. p. 205–234.Google Scholar
- 6.Kwatny, H.G. and G.L. Blankenship. Symbolic Tools for Variable Structure Control System Design: The Zero Dynamics. in IFAC Symposium on Robust Control via Variable Structure and Lyapunov Techniques. 1994. Benevento, Italy.Google Scholar
- 7.Luk'yanov, A.G. and V.I. Utkin, Methods of Reducing Equations of Dynamic Systems to Regular Form. Avtomatica i Telemechanika, 1981(4): p. 5–13.Google Scholar
- 10.Utkin, V.I., Sliding Modes and Their Application. 1974 (in Russian) 1978 (in English), Moscow: MIR.Google Scholar
- 16.Kwatny, H.G. and T.L. Siu. Chattering in Variable Structure Feedback Systems. in 10th IFAC World Congress. 1987. Munich.Google Scholar
- 23.Kwatny, H.G. and C. LaVigna, TSi Dynamics User's Guide, 1994, Techno-Sciences, Inc.: Lanham, MD.Google Scholar
- 24.Teolis, C., Contract Summary Report: Adaptive Control of Systems with Friction and Backlash,. 1997, Techno-Sciences, Inc.: Lanham.Google Scholar
- 27.Branch, M.A. and A. Grace, Optimization Toolbox. 1996, Natick, MA: The Mathworks, Inc.Google Scholar