On sampled data variable structure control systems
It is shown that the motion of sampled-data variable structure control systems can be divided into three phases, namely reaching phase, switching phase and chattering phase. The definitions of the three phases are given and the characteristics of the three phases are described. It is shown that in the reaching phase the switching function decreases monotonically, and in the switching phase the switching function stops decreasing but the magnitude of position error decreases monotonically, while in the chattering phase all variables stop decreasing and the chattering is dominated by the velocity. The bound or limit values of corresponding variables are given.
KeywordsSlide Mode Control Switching Function High Order State Variable Structure Control Switching Surface
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Dote, Y. and R. G. Hoft, “Microprocessor based sliding mode controller for de motor drives”, presented at the Ind. Applicat. Soc. Annual Meeting, Cincinnati, OH, 1980.Google Scholar
- 8.Gao, W.B., Y. Wang, and A. Homaifa, “Discrete-time variable structure control systems”, IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.IE-42, no.2, pp. 117–122, 1995.Google Scholar
- 16.Su, W. C., S. V. Drakunov, and U. Ozguner, Implementation of variable structure control for sampled-data systems, Proc. of the Workshop on Robust Control via Variable Structure and Lyapunov Techniques, pp. 166–173, Benevauro, Italy, 1994.Google Scholar
- 17.Takahashi, R. H. C., B. R. Menezes and B. J. Cardoso, A geometric approach to sampled data quasi-sliding modes analysis, in Proc. 30th Conf. on Decision and Control, Brighton, U.K., pp. 1379–1381, 1991.Google Scholar
- 19.Utkin, V. I., Discontinuous control systems: state of the art in theory and applications, in Proc. IFAC 10th World Congress on Automatic Control, Munich, vol.1, pp.25–44, 1987.Google Scholar
- 20.Utkin, V. I. and S. V. Drakunov, On discrete-time sliding modes control, in Preprints IFAC Conf. on Nonlinear Control, Capri, Italy, pp.484–489, 1989.Google Scholar
- 22.Yu, X., Bifurcation and chaotic behaviors in a discrete variable structure system with unbounded control magnitude, International Journal of Bifurcation and Chans, vol.7, no.10, 1997.Google Scholar
- 23.Zheng, F., M. Cheng, and W. B. Gao, Variable Structure Control of Discrete-Time Stochastic Systems, Proc. 31st IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp.1830–1835, Tucson, Arizona, USA, December 16–18, 1992.Google Scholar