Sliding sector for variable structure system
This paper presents VS controllers with sliding sector. The sliding sector is designed so that some norm of the state is decreasing inside it without any control action. VS control law ensures the norm decreases in the state space and thus yields a quadratic stable VS control system. The discrete-time system described by transfer function is also taken into consideration.
KeywordsParameter Uncertainty External Disturbance Riccati Equation Versus Control Positive Definite Symmetric Matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.U.I. Utkin, Sliding Modes in Control and Optimization, Springer-Verlag, 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.S.V. Emelyanov, “Binary control systems,” International Research Institute for Management Sciences, vol. Issue 1, 1985.Google Scholar
- 5.S.V. Drakunov and V.I. Utkin, “On discrete-time sliding mode,” in IFAC Symposium on Nonlinear Control System Design, 1989, pp. 484–489.Google Scholar
- 8.X. Yu and P.B. Potts, “A class of discrete variable structure systems,” in Proc. of 30th CDC, Brighton, UK, 1991, pp. 1367–1372.Google Scholar
- 9.G. Bartolini, A. Ferrara, and V.I. Utkin, “Design of discrete-time adaptive sliding mode control,” in Proc. of the 31st CDC, Tucson, Arizona, 1992, pp. 2387–2391.Google Scholar
- 11.K. Furuta and Y. Pan, “A new approach to design a sliding sector for VSS controller,” in Proc. of the American Control Conference, Seattle, 1995, pp. 1304–1308.Google Scholar
- 12.Y. Pan and K. Furuta, “Adaptive VSS controller based on sliding sector,” in IFAC'96 World Congress, San Francisco, 1996, vol. F, pp. 235–240.Google Scholar
- 13.K. Furuta and Y. Pan, “Design of discrete-time VSS controller based on sliding sector,” in IFAC'96 World Congress, San Francisco, 1996, vol. F, pp. 487–492.Google Scholar
- 14.K. Furuta and Y. Pan, “Variable structure control for sampled-data systems,” in Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences: Learning, Control, and Hybrid Systems, Vol. 241, Springer, 1998Google Scholar
- 15.K. Furuta and Y. Pan, “Variable structure control with Sliding Sector,” To be published in Automatica, 1999.Google Scholar
- 16.M. Hara, K. Furuta, Y. Pan, and T. Hoshino, “Evaluation of discrete-time VSC on inverted pendulum apparatus with additional dynamics,” International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, vol. 7, pp. 101–123, 1998.Google Scholar