On the electronic properties of quantum dots
The electronic states of a parabolic quantum dot in a magnetic field are studied with the spin-orbit interaction included. The analytical formulae for the ground-state energy of the interacting system are derived. The spin-orbit interaction introduces a new feature into the far infra-red absorption spectrum, namely a splitting of the two principal modes. This conclusion is compared with the charging experiments of Ashoori et al. and the far infra-red absorption measurements of Demel et al.
A model of an exciton confined in a quantum dot is also analyzed. At a critical dot-size, an additional strong line in the photo-luminescence spectrum appears, a consequence of the occurrence of a meta-stable weakly excited state.
KeywordsHartree Equation Hartree Approximation Total Ground State Energy Hole Wavefunction Hartree Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Shikin, S. Nazin, D. Heitmann and T. Demel, Phys. Rev. B, 43, 11 903 (1991).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Jacak and J. Krasnyj, (to be published).Google Scholar
- 6.S. V. Vonsovskij, “Magnetism”, Nauka-Moscow (1971), in Russian.Google Scholar
- 7.L. Jacak, J. Krasnyj, P. Hawrylak and A. Wójs, (to be published).Google Scholar
- 9.L. Jacak, J. Krasnyj, P. Hawrylak and A. Wójs, (to be published).Google Scholar