Chiral and spin order in XY spin glass
We give a brief review on a family of two dimensional models with continuous symmetry and possibly regular frustration or frustration-type disorder. Next we focus on the random ± J bond XY model. There are two types of variables in this system and thus two candidates for an order parameter, the continuous spin variable and the discrete chiral variable. The question is : do the chiralities order more easily than the spins ? We present an analytical approach based on correlation function studies in one dimension and on domain wall scaling analysis in two dimension. Our results contradict recent interpretation of numerical simulations.
KeywordsSpin Glass Spin Wave Spin Correlation Continuous Symmetry Chirality Order
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Nelson D. R. (1983): Phase Transition and Critical Phenomena, 7, Academic Press, London.Google Scholar
- Bramwell S. T., Holdsworth P. C. W. (1993): J. Phys. C 5, L53.Google Scholar
- Diep H. T. (1995): Magnetic Systems with Competeting Interactions, Wold Scientific.Google Scholar
- Benakli M. (1995) thesis; Benakli M., Zheng H., Gabay M. (1996): preprint cond-mat.Google Scholar
- Wengel C., Young A. P. (1996): preprint cond-mat and poster in this volume.Google Scholar
- Bokil S., Young A. P. (1996): preprint cond-mat.Google Scholar