Examples of non-discreteness for the interaction geometry of semilinear progressing waves in two space dimensions
The interaction geometry for the conic wave solutions of a semilinear wave equation with Cauchy data conormal at the three vertices and center of an equilateral triangle is analyzed. It is shown that there is a point of accumulation in a finite time. This illustrates a general conjecture on the occurrence of such non-discreteness in the interaction set.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Be]Beals, M., Nonlinear wave equations with data singular at one point, preprint.Google Scholar
- [Bo2]Bony, J.-M., Interaction des singularités pour les équations aux dérivées partielles non linéares, no. 22, Sem. Goulaouic Schwartz (1979–1980); no. 2, (1981–1982).Google Scholar
- [Bo3]Bony, J.-M., Second microlocalization and propagation of singularities for semi-linear hyperbolic equations, preprint.Google Scholar
- [Me1]Melrose, R.B., Conormal rings and semilinear progressing waves, in: Advances in Microlocal Analysis ed:H. G. Garnir, Reidel, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Me2]Melrose, R.B., Interaction of nonlinear progressing waves for semilinear wave equations III, in preparation.Google Scholar
- [MR2]Melrose, R.B. and N. Ritter, Interaction of progressing waves for semilinear wave equations II, Math. Scand. to appear, Inst. Mittag-Leffler Report 1985, no. 7.Google Scholar