On the stability of positive semigroups generated by operator matrices
- 351 Downloads
We consider unbounded operator matrices generating positive semigroups on products of Banach lattices. Generalizing the concept of an M-matrix (see ) we characterize the stability of the generated semigroup by simple criteria.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. BELLENI-MORANTE, “Applied Semigroups and Evolution Equations”, Oxford University Press 1979.Google Scholar
- A. GRABOSCH, Translation semigroups and their linearizations on spaces of integrable functions, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. (to appear)Google Scholar
- G. GREINER AND R. NAGEL, Growth of cell populations via one-parameter semigroups of positive operators. In: J. A. Goldstein, S. Rosencrans, G. Sod (eds.): “Mathematics Applied to Science”, Academic Press 1988, p. 79–105.Google Scholar
- H. MINC, “Nonnegative Matrices”, Wiley-Interscience 1988.Google Scholar
- R. NAGEL (ed.), “One-Parameter Semigroups of Positive Operators”, Lecture Notes Math. 1184, Springer-Verlag 1986.Google Scholar
- R. NAGEL, Towards a “matrix theory” for unbounded operator matrices, Math. Z. (to appear)Google Scholar
- A. PAZY, “Semigroups of Linear Operators and Applications to Partial Differential Equations”, Springer-Verlag 1983.Google Scholar
- H. H. SCHAEFER, “Banach Lattices and Positive Operators”, Springer-Verlag 1974.Google Scholar