Classification of symmetric caustics I: symplectic equivalence
- 409 Downloads
We generalise the classification theory of Arnold and Zakalyukin for singularities of Lagrange projections to projections that commute with a symplectic action of a compact Lie group. The theory is applied to the classification of infinitesimally stable corank 1 projections with ℤ2 symmetry. However examples show that even in very low dimensions there exist generic projections which are not infinitesimally stable.
KeywordsTangent Space Trivial Extension Finite Codimension Symplectic Action Finite Determinacy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BPW]Bruce, J.W., du Plessis, A.A. and Wall, C.T.C., Determinacy and unipotency, Invent. Math. 88, 521–554.Google Scholar
- [D]Damon, J.N., The unfolding and determinacy theorems for subgroups of A and K, Memoirs A.M.S. 306 (1984).Google Scholar
- [JK2]Janeczko, S. and Kowalczyk, A., Classification of generic 3-dimensional Lagrangian singularities with (ℤ2)1-symmetries, preprint, (1988).Google Scholar
- [JR]Janeczko, S. and Roberts, R.M., Classification of symmetric caustics II: caustic equivalence, in preparation.Google Scholar
- [Mo]Montaldi, J.A., Bounded caustics in time reversible systems, this volume.Google Scholar