Preliminary results on the non-existence of solutions for a half space boltzmann collision model with three degrees of freedom
- 555 Downloads
A two component model of the linearized Boltzmann equation in a half-space incorporating three degrees of freedom is studied. The linearized collision term is taken to be a summation over a suitable combination of the collision invariants. Preliminary results concerning exponents of compensating factors involved in the Wiener-Hopf factorization of the dispersion matrix are presented. Comparison is made to the case of the linearized Boltzmann equation in a half-space incorporating only one degree of freedom.
KeywordsBoltzmann Equation Real Axis Speed Ratio Analyticity Requirement Transport Operator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tor Ytrehus, article in this volume.Google Scholar
- 2.Wang Chang, C. S. and G. E. Uhlenbeck, Dept. of Engr. Research report, U. of Mich., 1952.Google Scholar
- 6.C. Cercignani, Elementary Solutions of Linearized Kinetic Models and Boundary Value Problems in the Kinetic Theory of Gases, Div. of Appl. Math. and Engr. report, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island (1965).Google Scholar
- 10.H. Grad, Handbuch der Physik, 12, sec. 19, (1958).Google Scholar
- 11.H. Hejtmanek, article in this volume.Google Scholar
- 12.M. D. Arthur and C. Cercignani, On the Riemann-Hilbert Problem for \(\mathop \Omega \limits_ \approx\), in preparation.Google Scholar
- 16.M. D. Arthur, Ph. D. dissertation, available from University Microfilms, Inc., Ann Arbor, Mich. (1979).Google Scholar
- 17.C. Cercignani, Proc. Oberwolfach Conference on Math. Problems in Kinetic Theory, May 1979 (1980).Google Scholar