Aspect ratio for mesh partitioning
This paper deals with the measure of Aspect Ratio for mesh partitioning and gives hints why, for certain solvers, the Aspect Ratio of partitions plays an important role. We define and rate different kinds of Aspect Ratio, present a new center-based partitioning method which optimizes this measure implicitly and rate several existing partitioning methods and tools under the criterion of Aspect Ratio.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Blazy, W. Borchers, and U. Dralle. Paralleliziation methods for a characteristic’s pressure correction scheme. In Flow Simulation with High-Perf. Comp. II, 1995.Google Scholar
- 2.J.H. Bramble, J.E. Pasciac, and A.H. Schatz. The construction of preconditioners for elliptic problems by substructering i.+ii. Math. Comp., 47+49, 1986+87.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Diekmann, F. Schlimbach, and C. Walshaw. Quality balancing for parallel adaptive fem. In IRREGULAR, LNCS. Springer, 1998.Google Scholar
- 5.N. Chrisochoides et.al. Automatic load balanced partitioning strategies for pde computations. In Int. Conf. on Supercomp., pages 99–107, 1989.Google Scholar
- 7.G. Karypis and V. Kumar. A fast and high quality multilevel scheme for partitioning irregular graphs. Technical Report 95-035, University of Minnesota, 1995.Google Scholar
- 8.B.W. Kernighan and S. Lin. An effective heuristic procedure for partitioning graphs. The Bell Systems Technical Journal, pages 291–308, Feb 1970.Google Scholar
- 9.R. Preis and R. Diekmann. The party partitioning-library, user guide, version 1.1. Technical Report TR-RSFB-96-024, Universität-GH Paderborn, Sep 1996.Google Scholar
- 10.D. Vanderstraeten, R. Keunings, and C Farhat. Beyond conventional mesh partitioning algorithms... In SIAM Conf. on Par. Proc, pages 611–614, 1995.Google Scholar