Optimal distribution of service components
This paper describes the mathematical core of the DOLMEN design methodology, which is based on the idea that performance is the driving factor in component distribution. The mathematical modelling of the optimal component distribution problem in a service network is explored. It is shown that this problem can be reduced to a linear or a combinatorial optimisation problem and some representative examples are given.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.DOLMEN deliverable APD1-Performance Evaluation Framework in an Open Service Architecture Environment (15/4/97).Google Scholar
- 2.RACE MONET, R2066/SEL/GA3/DS/P/073/b1, UMTS Functional and Network Architecture — Final.Google Scholar
- 3.TINA_C Deliverable, Service Architecture, version 2.0, 31 March 1995.Google Scholar
- 4.ITU Recommendation Z.100 — CCITT Specification and Description Language (SDL) (03/93).Google Scholar
- 5.Rumbaugh et al., “Object Oriented Modeling and Design”, Prentice Hall, New York, 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.C. Papadimitriou, K. Steiglitz, “Combinatorial Optimization”, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1982.Google Scholar