Defining knowledge layers for textual case-based reasoning
Textual CBR applications deal with problems that have traditionally been addressed by the Information Retrieval community, namely the handling of textual documents. Since CBR is an AI technique, the questions arise as to what kind of knowledge may enhance the system, where this knowledge comes from, and how it contributes to the performance of such a system. We will address these questions in this paper by showing how the various pieces of knowledge available in a specific domain can be utilized.
KeywordsCase-Based Reasoning Textual CBR Intelligent Information Retrieval
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Burke, K. Hammond, V. Kulyukin, S. Lytinen, N. Tomuro, and S. Schoenberg. Question Answering from Frequently Asked Question Files. AI Magazine, 18(2):57–66, 1997.Google Scholar
- 2.J. J. Daniels and E. L. Rissland. What You Saw Is What You Want: Using Cases to Seed Information. In Leake and Plaza , pages 325–336.Google Scholar
- 3.B. Glasgow, A. Mandell, D. Binney, L. Ghemri, and D. Fisher. MITA: An information extraction approach to the analysis of free-form text in life insurance application. AI Magazine, 19(1):59–71, 1998.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Kunze and A. Hübner. CBR on Semi-structured Documents: The Experience-Book and the FA11Q Project. In Proceedings 6th German Workshop on CBR, 1998.Google Scholar
- 5.D. B. Leake and E. Plaza, editors. Case-Based Reasoning Research and Development, Proceedings ICCBR-97, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, 1266. Springer Verlag, 1997.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Lenz and H.-D. Burkhard. CBR for Document Retrieval — The FAllQ Project. In Leake and Plaza , pages 84–93.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Lenz, H.-D. Burkhard, P. Pirk, E. Auriol, and M. Manago. CBR for Diagnosis and Decision Support. AI Communications, 9(3):138–146, 1996.Google Scholar
- 9.M. M. Richter. The knowledge contained in similarity measures. Invited Talk at ICCBR-95, 1995. http://wwwagr.informatik.uni-kl.de/~lsa/CBR/Richtericcbr95remarks.html.Google Scholar