The equivalence problem for deterministic pushdown transducers into abelian groups
The equivalence problem for deterministic pushdown transducers with inputs in a free monoid X * and outputs in an abelian group H is shown to be decidable. The result is obtained by constructing a complete formal system for equivalent pairs of deterministic rational series on the variable alphabet associated with the dpdt M with coefficients in the monoid H 0 (the monoid obtained by adjoining a zero to the group H).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Berstel and C. Reutenauer. Rational Series and their Languages. Springer, 1988.Google Scholar
- 3.C. Choffrut. A generalization of Ginsburg and Rose's characterisation of gsm mappings. In Proceedings ICALP 79, pages 88–103. LNCS, Springer-Verlag, 1979.Google Scholar
- 4.B. Courcelle. An axiomatic approach to the Korenjac-Hopcroft algorithms. Math. Systems theory, pages 191–231, 1983.Google Scholar
- 8.O. Ibarra. The unsolvability of the equivalence problem for ε-free ngsm's with unary input (output) alphabet and applications. In Proceedings FOCS 78, pages 74–81. IEEE, 1978.Google Scholar
- 11.W. Kuich and D. Raz. On the multiplicity equivalence problem for context-free grammars. In Important Results and trends in Theoretical Computer Science (Colloquium in Honor of Aarto Salomaa), pages 232–250. Springer-Verlag, LNCS 812, 1994.Google Scholar
- 12.Y.V. Meitus. The equivalence problem for real-time strict deterministic pushdown automata. Cybernetics and Systems analysis, pages 581–594, 1990. Original article (in russian) in Kibernetika 5, p.14-25, 1989.Google Scholar
- 13.G. Sénizergues. L(A) = L(B)? In Proceedings INFINITY 97, pages 1–26. Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science 9, URL: http://www.elsevier.nl/locate/entcs/volume9.html, 1997.Google Scholar
- 14.G. Sénizergues. L(A) = L(B)? Technical report, corrected and extended version of nr 1161-97, LaBRI, Université Bordeaux I, can be accessed at URL:http://www.labri.u-bordeaux.fr/~ges, 1998.Google Scholar
- 15.M. Taiclin. Algorithmic problems for commutative semigroups. Soviet Math. Dokl., pages 201–204, 1968.Google Scholar
- 16.E. Tomita and K. Seino. A direct branching algorithm for checking the equivalence of two deterministic pushdown transducers, one of which is real-time strict. Theoretical Computer science, pages 39–53, 1989.Google Scholar