Locally explicit construction of rődl's asymptotically good packings
We present a family of asymptotically good packings of l-subsets of an n-set by k-subsets and an algorithm that given a natural i finds the ith k-subset of this family. The bit complexity of this algorithm is almost linear in encoding length of i that is close to best possible complexity. A parallel NC-algorithm for this problem is presented as well.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A.V. Aho, J.E. Hopcroft and J.D. Ullman, The design and analysis of computer algorithms, Addison-Wesley, 1976.Google Scholar
- 3.N. Alon, J.H. Kim and J.H. Spencer, Nearly perfect matchings in regular simple hypergraphs, Preprint, 1996.Google Scholar
- 12.R.M. Karp and V. Ramachandran, Parallel algorithms for shared-memory machines, In Handbook of Theoretical Computer Science (ed. J. van Leeuwen), Elsevier, 1990, 869–942.Google Scholar
- 14.R. Motwani and P. Raghavan, Randomized Algorithms, Cambridge University Press, 1995.Google Scholar
- 15.M. Naor, L.J. Shulman and A. Srinivasan, Splitters and near-optimal derandomization, Proc. 36th Ann. IEEE FOCS, 1995, 182–191.Google Scholar
- 17.V. Rödl, On a packing and covering problem. Europ. J. Combinatorics. 5 (1985) 69–78.Google Scholar
- 19.M. Saks, A. Srinivasan and S. Zhou, Explicit dispersers with polylog degree, Proc. Annu. 27th ACM STOC-95, 1995, 479–488.Google Scholar
- 20.I. Sparlinski, Approximate constructions in finite fields, In Finite Fields and Applications, London Math. Soc., Lect. Notes Ser., v. 233, Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1996, 313–332.Google Scholar