An integrated platform for cooperative teleteaching
This paper presents the architecture and the design of a distributed teleteaching platform adapted to the professional education of Airbus air-plane pilots and maintenance agents. Starting from the studies of the current teaching given in classical classrooms, an analysis of the different interactions between trainer and trainees has been conducted. These interactions are supported in a distributed way by the developed tools, which consist of a videoconference, an electronic board and a shared whiteboard running on top of an ATM network.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.MultiTeam project. Web site: http://www.unik.no/ENGELSK/multiteam.htmlGoogle Scholar
- 6.P. Owezarski and M. Diaz Models for enforcing multimedia synchronization in visioconference applications. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Multimedia Modeling (MMM'96), pages 85–100, Toulouse, France, 12–15 November 1996.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Sousa Pinto and J.Arnaldo Martins. CHEaP: a cooperative Hypermedia Editor and Player. Special issue of IEEE Transaction on education, august 1996.Google Scholar
- 8.Y. H. Pusztaszcri 94, M. Alou, E. W. Biersack, P. Dubois, J.-P. Gaspoz, P. Gros and J.-P. Hubaux. Multimedia Teletutoring over a Trans-European ATM Network. Proceedings of the 2nd IWACA Workshop, Heidelberg, 1994.Google Scholar
- 9.T. Villemur. Conception de services et de protocoles pour la gestion de groupes coopératifs. PhD dissertation, University of Toulouse III, January 1995.Google Scholar
- 10.T. Villemur. Rapport Coopération. project report TOPASE 3464. Internal LAAS report no 97228, 30 pages, 1997.Google Scholar
- 11.J.M. Wilson and D.N. Mosher. Interactive MultiMedia Distance Learning (IMDL): The prototype of the Virtual Classroom. Proceedings of the Word Conference on Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia, pages 563–570, June 1994.Google Scholar