On the relation between interpreted systems and Kripke models
We compare Kripke models and hypercube systems, a simplified notion of Interpreted Systems, as semantic structures for reasoning about knowledge. Our method is to define a map from the class of hypercube systems to the class of Kripke frames, another in the opposite direction, and study their properties and compositions. We show that it is possible to characterise semantically the frames that are images of the hypercube systems.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [FHMV95]Ronald Fagin, Joseph Y. Halpern, Yoram Moses, and Moshe Y. Vardi. Reasoning about Knowledge. MIT Press, Cambridge, 1995.Google Scholar
- [Gol87]R. Goldblatt. Logics of Time and Computation, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded, volume 7 of CSLI Lecture Notes. CSLI, Stanford, 1992 (first edition 1987). Distributed by University of Chicago Press.Google Scholar
- [HC96]G. E. Hughes and M. J. Cresswell. A new introduction to modal logic. Routledge, New York, 1996.Google Scholar
- [HF85]J. Y. Halpern and R. Fagin. A formal model of knowledge, action, and communication in distributed systems: Preliminary report. In Proceedings of the Fourth ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing, pages 224–236, 1985.Google Scholar
- [Hin62]Jakko Hintikka. Knowledge and Belief, an introduction to the logic of the two notions. Cornell University Press, Ithaca (NY) and London, 1962.Google Scholar
- [KW91]Marcus Kracht and Frank Wolter. Properties of independently axiomatizable bimodal logics. The Journal of Symbolic Logic, 56(4), 1991.Google Scholar
- [LR97a]A. Lomuscio and M. Ryan. Combining logics for multi-agent system (abstract). In A. Cesta and P.-Y. Schobbens, editors, Proceedings of the 4th Model Age Workshop on Formal Models of Agents, January 1997.Google Scholar
- [LR97b]A. Lomuscio and M. Ryan. Ideal agents sharing (some!) information. Manuscript, 1997.Google Scholar
- [MvdH95]J.-J. Ch. Meyer and W. van der Hoek. Epistemic Logic for AI and Computer Science, volume 41. Cambdridge University Press, 1995.Google Scholar