Quality-for-ASIS: A portable testing facility for ASIS
This paper describes the project Quality-for-ASIS, aiming at the development of an extensive testing facility for ASIS implementations. First the specific problems and requirements are presented. After a section about the basic concepts of ASIS and after a short introduction to testing, the designs and implementations for testing important subsets of ASIS are described. Finally, adequacy coverage statistics for a test set based on the ACVC compiler validation suite are provided.
KeywordsAda ASIS Testing Black-Box Testing Specification-Based Testing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ASIS documents are available electronically on the World Wide Web: http://www.acm.org/sigada/WG/asiswg/asiswg.html or by anonymous ftp: ftp://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/public/AdaIC/work-grp/asiswgGoogle Scholar
- S. Tucker Taft, Robert A. Duff (eds.) Ada 95 Reference Manual: Language and Standard Libraries, International Standard ISO/IEC 8652:1995(E). Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 1246, Springer-Verlag, 1997, ISBN 3-540-63144-5.Google Scholar
- S. Rybin, A. Strohmeier, E. Zueff: ASIS for GNAT: Goals, Problems and Implementation Strategy. In Marcel Toussaint (Ed.), Second International Eurospace-Ada-Europe Symposium Proceedings, Frankfurt-Germany, October 2–6 1995, LNCS no 1031, Springer, 1995, pp. 139–151.Google Scholar
- S. Rybin, A. Strohmeier, A. Kuchumov, V. Fofanov: ASIS for GNAT: From the Prototype to the Full Implementation. In Alfred Strohmeier (Ed.), 1996 Ada-Europe International Conference on Reliable Software Technologies Proceedings, LNCS no 1088, Springer, pp. 298–311, 1996.Google Scholar
- ASIS-for-GNAT is available electronically from LGL-EPFL by anonymous ftp: ftp://lglftp.epfl.ch/pub/ASIS.Google Scholar
- E. Schonberg, B. Banner; The GNAT Project: A GNU-Ada 9X Compiler; TRI-Ada'94 Proceedings, ACM Press, 1994; pp. 48–57. See also http:// www.gnat.com.Google Scholar
- V. Fofanov, S. Rybin and A. Strohmeier, “ASIStint: An Interactive ASIS Interpreter”, in Susan Carlson (Ed.), Proceedings of TRI-Ada'97, St. Louis, USA, ACM Press, 1997, pp. 205–209.Google Scholar
- Stéphane Barbey. Test Selection for Specification-Based Testing of Object-Oriented Software Based on Formal Specifications. PhD thesis, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), December 1997. Ph.D. Thesis 1753.Google Scholar
- Muriel Daran and Pascale Thévenod-Fosse. Software error analysis: A real case study involving real faults and mutations. In Proceedings of 3rd International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA-3), pages 158–171, San Diego, California, USA, January 1996.Google Scholar
- Glenford J. Myers. The Art of Software Testing. Business Data Processing: a Wiley Series. John Wiley & Sons, 1979.Google Scholar
- John B. Goodenough, S. L. Gerhart. Toward a theory of test data selection. In IEEE Trans. Softw. Eng. SE-3, June 1975.Google Scholar