Incremental updating of classification rules
Rough sets theory provides a powerful framework for inducing classification knowledge from databases. In  we introduced a classification induction algorithm which is based on rough sets theory and derives classification rules according to two user specified criteria. This paper is a follow-up of  and will discuss how the derived rules may be updated incrementally when new data is observed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Agrawal, T. Imielinski, and A. Swami. Database Mining: A performance perspective. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 5(6), 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.R. Agrawal and R. Srikant. Fast algorithms for mining association rules. In Proceedings of International Conference on VLDB, pages 487–499, 1994.Google Scholar
- 3.J.S. Deogun, V.V. Raghavan, and H.Sever. Exploiting Upper approximation in the rough set methodology. In International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pages 69–74, 1995.Google Scholar
- 4.U.M Fayyad, G Piatetsky-Shapiro, P Smyth, and R Uthurusamy. Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. AAAI/MIT Press, 1996.Google Scholar
- 6.Z. Pawlak. Rough Sets: Theoretical Aspects of Reasoning About Data. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.Z. Pawlak, S.K.M. Wong, and W. Ziarko. Rough Sets: Probabilistic versus Deterministic. In B.R. Gaines and J.H. Boose, editors, Machine Learning and Uncertain Reasoning, pages 227–241. Academic Press, 1990.Google Scholar
- 8.N. Shan and W. Ziarko. An Incremental Learning Algorithm for Constructing Decision Rules. In International Workshop on Rough Sets and Knowledge Discovery, pages 326–334, 1993.Google Scholar
- 9.N. Shan, W. Ziarko, H.J. Hamilton, and N. Cercone. Using rough sets as tools for knowledge discovery. In International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pages 263–268, 1995.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Shao. Using rough sets for rough classification. In Proceedings of International Workshop on Database and Expert Systems Applications, pages 268–273, 1996.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Shao. Finding reducts with user specified criteria. In Proceedings of International Workshop on Database and Expert Systems Applications, pages 352–357, 1997.Google Scholar
- 12.R. Slowinski. Intelligent Decision Support: Handbook of Applications and Advances of the Rough Sets Theory. Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1992.Google Scholar