Modelling versioned hypertext documents
Versioning of hypertext documents is in many aspects very similar to versioning of software systems (and their components). In the paper we concentrate on an analysis of similarities and differences between them with the intention of possibly finding in the area of software configuration management a starting point for a new method of version control in hypertext systems. Then, we have proposed a model of a hypertext document which takes into account the perspective of its permanent change. Hypertext documents are modelled by two kinds of nodes in an AND/OR graph. The model forms a basis for building a configuration.
Keywordshypertext document hypertext document model version configuration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.R. Conradi and B. Westfechtel. Version models for software configuration management. ACM Computing Surveys (to appear).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Estublier. Configuration management: the notion and the tools. In Proc. Int. Workshop on Software Version and Configuration Control, pages 38–61, Stuttgart, 1988.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Haake and D. Hiks. VerSE: Towards hypertext versioning styles. In 7th ACM Conference on Hypertext, Online Proceedings (http://www.cs.unc.edu/~barman/HT96/), Washington DC, USA, March, 1996.Google Scholar
- 9.C.Y. Lo. Comparison of two approaches of managing links in multiple versions of documents. In Proc. of the Workshop on Versioning in Hypertext Systems, Edinburgh, September, 1994.Google Scholar
- 10.P. Návrat and M. Bieliková. Knowledge controlled version selection in software configuration management. Software — Concepts and Tools, 17:40–48, 1996.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Nielsen. Hypertext & hypermedia. Academic Press, Boston, 1990.Google Scholar
- 12.L.F.G. Soares and M.A. Casanova. Nested composite nodes and version control in hypermedia systems. In Proc. of the Workshop on Versioning in Hypertext Systems, Edinburgh, September, 1994.Google Scholar
- 13.W.F. Tichy. A data model for programming support environments and its application. In B. Langefors, A.A. Verrijn-Stuart, and G. Bracchi, editors, Trends in Information Systems, pages 219–236. North Holland, 1986.Google Scholar
- 14.F. Vitali and D.G. Durand. Using versioning to support collaboration on the WWW. In Fourth World Wide Web conference, 1995.Google Scholar
- 16.B.R. Schmerl and C.D. Marlin. Versioning and Consistency for Dynamically Composed Configurations In Proc. of SCM-7, Springer LNCS 1235, pages 49–65, 1997.Google Scholar