A comment on the efficiency of secret sharing scheme over any finite abelian group
In this paper, we show an efficient (k,n) threshold secret sharing scheme over any finite Abelian group such that the size of share is q/2 (where q is a prime satisfying n ≤ q < 2n), which is a half of that of Desmedt and Frankel's scheme. Consequently, we can obtain a threshold RSA signature scheme in which the size of shares of each signer is only a half.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G.R. Blakley. “Safeguarding cryptographic keys”. In Proc. of the AFIPS 1979 National Computer Conference, vol.48, pages 313–317, 1979.Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Desmedt and Y Prankel. “Threshold Cryptosystem”. In Proc. of Crypto'89, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, LNCS 435, Springer Verlag, pages 307–315, 1990.Google Scholar
- 5.A. De Santis, Y. Desmedt, Y. Prankel, and M. Yung. “How to share a funciton securely”. In Proc. of STOC'94, pages 522–533, 1994.Google Scholar
- 6.Y. Desmedt, G. Di Crescenzo, and M. Burmester. “Multiplicative non-abelian sharing schemes and their application to threshold cryptography”. In Proc. of Asiacrypt'94, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, LNCS 917, Springer Verlag, pages 21–32, 1995.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Blackburn, M. Burmester, Y. Desmedt, and P. Wild. “Efficient multiplicative sharing scheme”. In Proc. of Eurocrypt'96, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, LNCS 1070, Springer Verlag, pages 107–118, 1996.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Luetbecher, and G. Niklasch. “On cliques of exceptional units and Lenstra's construction of Euclidean Fields”. In Number Theory, Ulm 1987 Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1380, Springer-Verlag pages 150–178, 1988.Google Scholar