XHIVE: interactive parallel application development using the PCF metodology
The main goal of this work is to provide a set of tools able to give direct support for the most known parallel processing techniques when developing parallel application. Our approach departs from the classification of parallel computing paradigms and the associated parallelization techniques and from the definition of a set of structures and procedural interfaces able to partially solve the problems associated with these paradigms. Defining the concept of Parallel Computational Frames (PCF) we propose a way to combine different parallelization techniques to solve a complex problems. Moreover we provide an interactive graphical development environment, XHive, in which the whole applications development take place.
KeywordsCommunicating sequential processes message passing systems parallel computational models parallelization techniques Parallel Computational Frame task farming domain decomposition client server model shared memory emulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Cer93]Cern Geneva. Geant Users Guide, 1993Google Scholar
- [Dar93]J.Darlington. Parallel programming using skeletons functions. In Parallel Languages And Architectures, Europe: PARLE 1993, 1993Google Scholar
- [Eur94]Eurosim 1994 International Conference. Status Report on Esprit Project P7519 Palace, 1994Google Scholar
- [Fox88]G.Fox. Solving problems on concurrent processors. Prentice hall, 1988Google Scholar
- [Fru90]M.Fruscione. Arnia reference and user manuals. Advanced Computing Systems Milan, 1990Google Scholar
- [Hey89]A.J.G.Hey. Experiments in mimd parallelism. In Springer Verlag editor, PARLE 1989, 1989Google Scholar
- [Hoa78]C.A.R.Hoare. Communicating sequential processes. Communications of ACM, 21 (8), 1978Google Scholar
- [Kun89]H.T.Kung. Scientific applications on multiprocessors, chapter Computational models for parallel computers, page 1. Prentice Hall, 1989Google Scholar
- [Mei93]Meiko Ltd. CSTools Reference Manual, 1993Google Scholar
- [Oak93]OakRidge Univerity. PVM on line reference Manual, 1993Google Scholar
- [Van91]M.Vanneschi et al. A methodology for the development and support of massively parallel programs, Future Generation Computer Systems, 8(1–3), July 1992Google Scholar
- [Fru94]M. Fruscione et al. Parallel application development with Parallel Computational Frames IFIP Ascona 1994Google Scholar