A PVM tool for automatic test generation on parallel and distributed systems
The use of parallel architectures for the solution of CPU and memory critical problems in the Electronic CAD area has been limited up to now by several factors, like the lack of efficient algorithms, the reduced portability of the code, and the cost of hardware. However, portable message-passing libraries are now available, and the same code runs on high-cost supercomputers, as well as on common workstation networks. The paper presents an effective ATPG system for large sequential circuits developed using the PVM library and based on a Genetic Algorithm. The tool, named GATTO*, runs on a DEC Alpha AXP farm and a CM-5. Experimental results are provided.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AAVi93]P. Agrawal, V.D. Agrawal, J. Villoldo, “Sequential Circuit Test Generation on a Distributed System,” Proc. 30th Design Automation Conference, 1993, pp. 107–111Google Scholar
- [BBKo89]F. Brglez, D. Bryant, K. Kozminski, “Combinational profiles of sequential benchmark circuits,” Proc. Int. Symp. on Circuits And Systems, 1989, pp. 1929–1934Google Scholar
- [GBDJ93]A. Geist, A. Beguelin, J. Dongarra, W. Jiang, R. Manchek, V. Sunderam, “PVM 3 User's Guide and Reference Manual,” Oak Ridge Nat. Lab., Internal Report ORNL/TM-12187, May 1993Google Scholar
- [HiTu93]W.D. Hillis, L.W. Tucker, “The CM-5 Connection Machine: a Scalable Supercomputer,” Comm. of the ACM, Nov. 1993, Vol. 36, No. 11, pp. 31–40Google Scholar
- [Holl75]J.H. Holland, “Adaption in Natural and Artificial Systems,” University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor (USA), 1975Google Scholar
- [MRKa90]T, Markas, M. Royals, N. Kanopoulos, “On Distributed Fault Simulation,”, IEEE Computer, Jan. 1990, pp. 40–52Google Scholar
- [PRSR94]P. Prinetto, M. Rebaudengo, M. Sonza Reorda, “An Automatic Test Pattern Generator for Large Sequential Circuits based on Genetic Algorithms,” Proc. International Test Conference, 1994, pp. 240–249Google Scholar
- [RaBa92]B. Ramkumar, P. Banerjee, “Portable Parallel Test Generation for Sequential Circuits,” Proc. Int. Conf. on Computer Aided Design, 1992, pp. 220–223Google Scholar