Fixed topology steiner trees and spanning forests with applications in network communications
We present pseudo-polynomial time algorithms for fixed topology Steiner tree problems with various time-delay constraints. We study the spanning forest problem with bandwidth constraint. A polynomial-time algorithm is given. Those problems have applications in network communications.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. H. Cormen, C.E. Leiserson, and R. L. Rivest, Introduction to algorithms. (MIT press, 1990)Google Scholar
- 2.M.R. Gary and D.S johnson, Computers and intractability: a guide to the theory of NP-completeness, (Freeman, New York, 1979)Google Scholar
- 3.F. K. Hwang, A linear time algorithm for full Steiner trees, Operations Research Letters, Vol 4, pp. 235–237, 1986.Google Scholar
- 4.F.K. Hwang and D.S. Richards, Steiner tree problems, Networks, vol. 22, 1992. pp. 55–89.Google Scholar
- 5.X. Jia, Modeling and simulations of multicast routing algorithms for advanced network applications, submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- 6.D. Sankoff and P. Rousseau, Locating the vertices of Steiner tree in an arbitrary metric space, Math. Program. Vol 9, pp. 240–246, 1975.Google Scholar