Subclasses of computable real valued functions
This paper deals with the computability of sequences of reals and sequences of functions within the framework of Grzegorczyk's hierarchy, which is in the Number 1 of the addendum to open problems in . We combine the two concepts, computability of sequences of real valued functions and Grzegorczyk's hierarchy of recursive number theoretic functions, together, and examine the computability on real valued functions restricted to primitive recursion and below. Related approaches taken in the literature are the study of primitively recursive reals and real valued functions, and the study of polynomial time computable functions. The notions of (ε r ) primitive computability for sequences of reals and real valued functions are introduced; relations between (ε r ) primitive computabilities of sequences of reals and sequences of real valued functions are mathematically proved; some basic properties are studied.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Grzegorczyk's, A. Some Classes of Recursive Functions, Rozprawy Matemathczne, No.IV (1953)Google Scholar
- 2.Grzegorczyk's, A. On the Definition of Computable Real Continuous Functions, Fund. Math., 44 (1957), 61–71Google Scholar
- 3.Ko & Friedman, Computational Complex of Real Functions, Theoretical Computer Science, 20 (1982), 323–352Google Scholar
- 4.Pour-El, M.B. & Richards, J.I. Computability in Analysis and Physics, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heudelberg, New York, London, Paris, Tokyo (1989)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhou, Q. Computable Real-Valued Functions on Recursive Open and Closed Subsets of Euclidean Space, Mathematical Logic Quarterly, 42 (1996), 379–409Google Scholar
- 6.Zimmerman, J.L. Classes of Grzegorczyk's-Computable Real Numbers, Ph.D. Thesis, Computer Science Department, The University of Minnesota, (1990)Google Scholar