An economic approach for optimum long-term plant mix choice
This paper introduces on application of linear programming to power system long-term generation expansion planning. A mathematical determinstic LP model is proposed and implemented to determine the optimum mix generation for such systems for a long-term plan. The model objective is to justify the construction of group of plants of particular types and sizes at certain locations which are committed by a long term strategy, to supply the system estimoted demand to the end of a planning period.
KeywordsPower System Planning Period Linear Programming Model Domestic Consumer Total Energy Demand
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Day, J.T.: "Forcasting minimum production cost in linear programming". IEEE Trans. Power App. & Systems Vol. PAS-90, No.2, pp 814–823, March/April 1971.Google Scholar
- 2.Knight, U.G.: "Power system engineering and mathematics". Oxford Pergamon Press, England, PP. 114–117, 1972.Google Scholar
- 3.Day, J.T. and Menge, E.E.: "The role of direct optimization in generation planning". Proc. of American Power Conf. Vol. 36, PP. 884–890, 1974.Google Scholar
- 4.Day, J.T., Federowicz, A.J. and Menge, E.E. "Optimizing generation planning". Power Engineering, PP. 32–35, July 1973.Google Scholar
- 5.Deam, R.J., Bennet, J.W., Leather, J. and Carsberg, B.V.: "Firm: a computer model for financial planning". A report prepared for Research Committee, Institute of Chartered Accountant, England & Wales, February 1975.Google Scholar
- 6.Allam, M.F. R.J., Leather, J. and Laukhton, M.A.: "Power system long term financial planning by using Firm model". Special report submitted to Energy Research Unit (ERU), Queen Mary College, London University, September 1975.Google Scholar
- 7.Porterfield, J.S.: "Investment decisions and capital costs". Prentice Hall, New Jersey 1965.Google Scholar
- 8.Abaza, M.: Egypt's energy strategy". Middle East Electricity Journal Vol. 7, No. 10, PP. 57–59, November 1983.Google Scholar
- 9.Abaza, M.: "Egypt's energy strategy". Middle East Electricity Journal Vol. 7, No. 11, PP. 57–58, December 1983.Google Scholar