A personal computer environment for realtime programming
An approach to teaching realtime system design and programming is described which provides an understanding of realtime applications in terms of interacting tasks and modules sharing common resources. Emphasis is on the design and specification of the realtime system along with detailed testing and verification of the resulting concurrent programs. Programming is done on personal computers using a realtime operating system and an event tracing facility which supports both detailed execution tracing as well as "action" routines which can force occurrence of time critical events for testing.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Stankovic, John A. and K. Ramamritham, Hard Real-Time Systems, IEEE Computer Society, No. EH0276-6, 1988.Google Scholar
- 2.Malcolm G. Lane and James D. Mooney , A Practical Approach to Operating Systems, Boyd & Fraser Publishing Co, Boston,610–628.Google Scholar
- 3.Nicklaus Wirth , Toward A Discipline of Real-Time Programming, in Robert L. Glass , Real-Time Software, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ,128–142.Google Scholar
- 4.J.L. Peterson and A. Silberschatz , Operating System Concepts, Addison-Wesley Co, Reading MA.Google Scholar
- 5.Intel Corp. , The Intel iRMX86 Operating System", Document 2103301-01.Google Scholar
- 7.Caxton C. Foster , Real Time Programming — Neglected Topics, Addison-Wesley Publishing Co, Reding, Mass., 60–103.Google Scholar
- 8.Jules Finkel, Computer-Aided Experimentation, John Wiley, NYC, 9–86.Google Scholar
- 9.J.D. Schoeffler , Minicomputer Realtime Executives, IEEE Computer Society tutorial, Compcon 74, 7–36 and 166–169.Google Scholar
- 10.J.D. Wright and J.W. White , Real-Time Operating Systemss and Multitask Programming, in Duncan A. Mellichamp (editor) , Real-Time Computing with Applications to Data Acquisition and Control, Van Nostrand Reinhold Co, NYC, 345–378.Google Scholar
- 11.Mellor, S.J. & P. Ward, "Structured Development for Real-Time Systems, Yourdon Prss, New York, 1986Google Scholar
- 11.Derek J. Hatley and Imtiaz A. Pirbhai, Strategies for Real-Time System Specification, Dorest House, NYC, 1988.Google Scholar