An undergraduate programme in software engineering
- 108 Downloads
The paper describes an undergraduate curriculum in software engineering which has been developed in close consultation with the software industry. The UK context of such a programme is described and compared to the position in the USA. The programme is noteworthy for its emphasis on design, the use of Ada as the main programming language, and the emphasis on quality.
KeywordsSoftware Engineering Software Engineer Group Project Information Hiding Professional Body
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. F. Bott. Experiences with Ada as a first teaching language. Ada User, 9(Supplement), 1988.Google Scholar
- D. E. Conway, S. C. Dunn, and G. S. Hooper. BCS and IEE accreditation of software engineering courses. Software Engineering Journal, 4(4), 1989.Google Scholar
- B. J. Cornelius, M. Munro, and D. J. Robson. An approach to software maintenance education. Software Engineering Journal, 4(4), 1989.Google Scholar
- M. M. Lehman. The Software Engineering first degree at Imperial College, London. In N. E. Gibbs and R. E. Fairley, editors, Software Engineering Education. Springer Verlag, 1987.Google Scholar
- G. Longworth and D. Nicholls. SSADM Manual Version 3. National Computing Centre, Manchester, 1986.Google Scholar
- J. J. Rowland. A practical approach to hardware empathy for software engineering students. Software Engineering Journal, 4(4), 1989.Google Scholar