Efficient reconfiguration of VLSI arrays
We consider the problem of reconfiguring a 2-dimensional VLSI array with faulty cells. A network flow model of the problem is formulated and an algorithm is presented for interconnecting the functional cells of the array so that they simulate a fault-free array of smaller size. Experimental results on the practical performance of this algorithm and of other techniques previously proposed in the literature are reported.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. Baldassarri and V. Carlino, “Implementazione di Algoritmi per la Riconfigurazione di Array VLSI,” Tesi di Laurea, Dipartimento di Informatica, Univ. of Pisa, Pisa, Italy, 1985.Google Scholar
- J.W. Greene, “Configuration of VLSI Arrays in the Presence of Defects,” Ph.D. Thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford Univ., California, 1983.Google Scholar
- I. Koren and D.J. Pradhan, “Modeling the Effect of Redundancy on Yeld and Performance of VLSI Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Computers, vol. C-36, pp. 344–355, 1987.Google Scholar
- F.T. Leighton and C.E. Leiserson, “Wafer-Scale Integration of Systolic Arrays,” IEEE Trans. on Computers, vol. C-34, pp. 448–461, 1985.Google Scholar
- R.E. Tarjan, “Data Structures and Network Algorithms,” CBMS-NSF Regional Conference Series in Applied Mathematics, vol. 44, Society for Industrial Applied Mathematics, 1983.Google Scholar