Simulating binary trees on hypercubes
We describe how to embed an arbitrary binary tree with dilation 3 and O(1) expansion into a hypercube. (In fact, we show that all binary trees can be embedded into their optimal hypercube with dilation 3, provided that all binary trees with no more than B vertices, for some fixed number B, can be embedded with dilation 3.) We also show how to embed all binary trees into their optimal hypercube with dilation 5.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AR]R. Aleliunas and A. L. Rosenberg, ”On Embedding Rectangular Grids in Square Grids”, IEEE Trans. on Computers, C-31,9 (1982), pp. 907–913.Google Scholar
- [BMS]S. Bettayeb, Z. Miller, and I. H. Sudborough, ”Embedding Grids into Hypercubes”, these proceedings.Google Scholar
- [BI]S. N. Bhatt, and I. C. F. Ipsen, ”How to Embed Trees in Hypercubes”, Research Report YALEU/DCS/RR-443, Yale University, Dept. of Computer Science, 1985.Google Scholar
- [BCLR]S. Bhatt, F. Chung, T. Leighton, and A. Rosenberg, ”Optimal Simulation of Tree Machines”, Proc. 27th Annual IEEE Symp. Foundations of Computer Sci., Oct. 1986, pp. 274–282.Google Scholar
- [BCHLR]S. Bhatt, F. Chung, J.-W. Hong, T. Leighton, A. Rosenberg, ”Optimal Simulations by Butterfly Networks”, Proc. 20th Annual ACM Theory of Computing Symp., 1988, to appear.Google Scholar
- [C]M. Y. Chan, ”Dilation 2 Embedding of Grids into Hypercubes”, Tech. Report, Computer Science Program, Univ. Texas at Dallas, 1988.Google Scholar
- [CC]M. Y. Chan and F. Y. L. Chin, ”On Embedding Rectangular Grids in Hypercubes”, to appear in IEEE Trans. on Computers.Google Scholar
- [E]J. A. Ellis, ”Embedding Rectangular grids into Square Grids”, these proceedings.Google Scholar
- [MSUW]B. Monien, G. Spenner, W. Unger, and G. Wechsung, “On the Edge Length of Embedding Caterpillars into Various Networks”, manuscript, Dept. of Math. and Computer Science, Univ. Paderborn, Paderborn, W. Germany, 1988.Google Scholar