A broadcast protocol: Functional properties and specification
This paper concerns a reliable broadcast protocol which we have been investigating within the context of programming distributed systems [Ram1989(a)]. The protocol can be used to simplify the design of distributed computation algorithms. We prove certain important properties of this protocol and provide a concise functional specification of this protocol. The specification is required in order to help understand the behavior of the protocol.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Che1988]D. Cheriton, The V Distributed System, CACM, Vol 31(3), March 1988.Google Scholar
- [Moh1988]S. Mohan, J. Qian et al, Efficient Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint Selective-Repeat ARQ Schemes with Multiple Retransmissions: A Throughput Analysis, SIGCOMM Proceedings, 1988, pp. 49–57.Google Scholar
- [Ram1989(a)]S. Ramakrishnan, A Protocol for Global Message Ordering, XX Annual Simulation & Modeling Conference, PA, May 1989, 7.Google Scholar
- [Ram1989(b)]S. Ramakrishnan, A Protocol for Program Migration, XIV IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks, MN, October 1989, pp. 219 224.Google Scholar
- [Ram1990]S. Ramakrishnan, Procedural Specification: Global Message Ordering Protocol, ICCC '90, submitted for publication.Google Scholar