Performance evaluation and modeling of MPI communications on the meiko CS-2
This paper presents, evaluates and compares the performance of the point-to-point and broadcast communication primitives of the MPI-1 standard library on the Meiko CS-2 parallel machine. Furthermore, a benchmark model of MPI communications is proposed. It is based on the size of messages exchanged and the number of processors involved.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dongarra, J.J., and Dunigan, T., “Message Passing Performance on Various Computers”, Tech. Report UT/CS-95-229, Computer Science Dept., University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 1995. Available at http://www.cs.utk.edu/-library/1995.htmi.Google Scholar
- 2.Gropp, W., Lusk, E., Doss,N., Skjellum, A., “A High-Performance, Portable Implementation of the MPI Message Passing Interface Standard”, Parallel Computing, North-Holland, vol. 22, pp. 789–828, 1996.Google Scholar
- 3.Hockney, R.W., “The Communication Challenge for MPP: Intel Paragon and Meiko CS2”, Parallel Computing, North-Holland, vol. 20, pp. 389–398, 1994.Google Scholar
- 4.Leiserson, C.E., “Fat-trees: Universal Networks for Hardware-Efficient Supercomputing”, IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. C-34, no. 10, pp. 892–901, 1985.Google Scholar
- 5.Snir, M., Otto, S. W., Huss-Lederman, S., Walker, D. W., Dongarra, J.J., MPI The Complete Reference, The MIT Press, 1996.Google Scholar