ScaFiEP: The scalable finite element package
ScaFiEP is a general purpose Finite Element package that can be used to solve linear and non-linear engineering problems on parallel computers. It is an object oriented software library on top of which users build their own specific applications. This article outlines the design of ScaFiEP and presents two applications to demonstrate its capabilities.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Farhat and F. X. Roux. Implicit parallel processing in structural mechanics. Computational Mechanics Advances, 2:1–124, 1994.Google Scholar
- 2.H. X. Lin. A methodology for the parallel direct solution of finite element systems. PhD thesis, Delft University of Technology, Oct 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.J. Mackerle. Implementing finite element methods on supercomputers, workstations and PCs. Engineering Computations, 13(1):33–85, 1996.Google Scholar
- 4.B. N. Maker, Q. Jiangning, and D. T. Nguyen. Performance of NIKE3D with PSOLVE on vector and parallel computers. Computing Systems in Engineering, 5(4–6):363–368, 1994.Google Scholar
- 5.Message Passing Interface Forum. MPI: a message passing interface standard. International Journal of Supercomputer Applications, 8(3–4), 1994. Also available on Internet: http://www.mcs.ani.gov/mpi/.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Schellekens and R. de Borst. A non-linear finite element approach for the analysis of mode-I free edge delamination in composites. International Journal of Solids & Structures, 30(9):1239–1253, 1993.Google Scholar
- 7.B. Smith, P. Bjorstad, and W. Gropp. Domain decomposition. Parallel multilevel methods for elliptic partial differential equations. Cambridge University Press, 1996.Google Scholar