Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 664)
Studying the fully abstract model of PCF within its continuous function model
We give a concrete presentation of the inequationally fully abstract model of PCF as a continuous projection of the inductively reachable subalgebra of PCF's continuous function model.
KeywordsAbstract Model Logical Relation Continuous Homomorphism Extended Language Lambda Calculus
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Abr90]S. Abramsky. The lazy lambda calculus. In D. L. Turner, editor, Research Topics in Functional Programming, pages 65–116. Addison-Wesley, 1990.Google Scholar
- [BCL85]G. Berry, P.-L. Curien and J.-J. Lévy. Full abstraction for sequential languages: the state of the art. In M. Nivat and J. C. Reynolds, editors, Algebraic Methods in Semantics, pages 89–132. Cambridge University Press, 1985.Google Scholar
- [Cur86]P.-L. Curien. Categorical Combinators, Sequential Algorithms and Functional Programming. Research Notes in Theoretical Computer Science. Pitman/Wiley, 1986.Google Scholar
- [JT93]A. Jung and J. Tiuryn. A new characterization of lambda definability. In this proceedings, 1993.Google Scholar
- [Mil77]R. Milner. Fully abstract models of typed λ-calculi. Theoretical Computer Science, 4:1–22, 1977.Google Scholar
- [Mul87]K. Mulmuley. Full Abstraction and Semantic Equivalence. MIT Press, 1987.Google Scholar
- [Plo77]G. D. Plotkin. LCF considered as a programming language. Theoretical Computer Science, 5:223–256, 1977.Google Scholar
- [Plo80]G.D. Plotkin. Lambda-definability in the full type hierarchy. In J. Seldin and J. Hindley, editors, To H. B. Curry: Essays on Combinatory Logic, Lambda Calculus and Formalism, pages 363–374. Academic Press, 1980.Google Scholar
- [Sie92]K. Sieber. Reasoning about sequential functions via logical relations. In M. P. Fourman, P. T. Johnstone and A. M. Pitts, editors, Applications of Categories in Computer Science, volume 177 of LMS Lecture Note Series, pages 258–269. Cambridge University Press, 1992.Google Scholar
- [Sta82]R. Statman. Completeness, invariance and λ-definability. Journal of Symbolic Logic, 47:17–26, 1982.Google Scholar
- [Sto88]A. Stoughton. Fully Abstract Models of Programming Languages. Research Notes in Theoretical Computer Science. Pitman/Wiley, 1988.Google Scholar
- [Sto90]A. Stoughton. Equationally fully abstract models of PCF. In M. Main, A. Melton, M. Mislove and D. Schmidt, editors, Fifth International Conference on the Mathematical Foundations of Programming Semantics, volume 442 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 271–283. Springer-Verlag, 1990.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1993